Sunday, May 27, 2012

4.21.12: to infinity and beyond

So we've been married about a month. If you have very sensitive gag reflexes I suggest you close this window and move on with the rest of your life. Because this post does contain kissing and other sorts of PDA. You stand warned.

Marriage is certainly the best thing ever. Is there romantic music playing in the background as we wash the dishes and get in a water fight? Certainly. Do we have a candle lit dinner every night and sit and stare into each other's eyes, wondering how on Earth we could get so lucky? Usually.

April 21, 2012. 10:30 am. That was the start of the rest of our lives! With how stressful and never-ending wedding planning is, its incredible how fast the big day goes by so fast. To the future bride, I would advise that the best investment for the wedding is a great photographer! We worked with Casey McFarland, and I have to say he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He probably invented sliced bread. His website is iamcasey.com and you must-- you absolutely must!-- take a look at his work. He spent an entire weekend with us making sure every moment, every look, every smile, every hilarious face, was all captured to be enjoyed and admired for eternity. I highly recommend him. We had a blast.










While taking pictures at the Santa Monica Pier, We appeared to attract a large crowd of people. They treated us like celebrities and we felt like royalty. Our photographer Casey said in his 12 years of taking wedding photos he has never seen anything like this. In the words of Casey, "if you ever doubt humanity, get married and come here. The people are incredible." I love home.


 If my life were a romance novel. Jackie thinks we could make a good Gone with the Wind cover.







Oh how I do love my shoes





These photos of my cousin Rex and my nieces are some of my favorites from the wedding. I love my nieces so much. Alan and I think they are the cutest girls in the entire world... but that's just us.




Family. I love mine so much. And my new family is amazing too! I feel so blessed to have such supportive loved ones. Goodness we are a good looking bunch! 


Alan and I come from parents who were probably models in past lives. Our kids are going to be gorgeous.



Bridesmaid: a best friend and a sister who are in the same body.




So Alan, his brother, and his best friend all have the exact ring, just in different shades. It was totally chance, but I also think it was fate calling. 


One of my dearest friends. So, so happy to have her with me on this special day! Love you Megan.


Okay so this woman is my new grandmother. As I have no more grandparents on my side, I am so lucky to get to share her with Alan! She could teach the world a thing or two with her amazing cooking and grandma skills.



Love. 







 He makes me feel like I am living in a fairy tale.







My cheeks hurt remembering how happy I was this day.








Exhibit A: the cutest nieces in the entire world.




Hands off boys: she's mine :)


Getting to see my dearest friends made me cry. A couple times. Oh how I love them.


Feel the sass that is this picture. 


I love my dad so much


Our nieces paid a special tribute to us with a dance! 



and then we had one too


Annie Judd I am so happy you caught the bouquet!



One of my oldest and dearest friends, Amber Lakin. She flew all the way from Georgia to wish us fare well! I wish I could have spent more time with you Amber, I can't tell you how happy I was to get to see you. It made me cry. again. oh goodness


The whole day was a dream. I have got to say, getting married is a blast.

What I learned? No matter how much planning you put into it, and no matter how you picture your wedding to be, it is going to be a thing of its own. But its also incredible and so much fun along the way. If it is anything less than that, then I should think you need to do it again.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you guys had such an incredible day! I'm so sorry I was unable to make it. He seems like a great man and I'm so happy for both of you. Congrats again Bri from me, of course, and the entire Four Points staff. We love you!

    ReplyDelete