Well let's just say that we aren't the first couple to get married and start a blog as a result of countless friends and family members asking us about how we are and what we are up to. And that fact that I am really, really, loving home-making. Phewf. Glad I got that out of the way.
So forgive the cliche that is the newlywed blog and move on to the fact that you, too, are excited we have one. You would't be reading this if that wasn't the case. Glad we covered our bases.
Alan and I have been married for about two and a half weeks so far and we have been loving every minute of it. We were sad to end the honeymoon and especially sad to say goodbye to Alan's family in Oklahoma. (Can I just say that I am the luckiest girl in the world?? The Hintzes are saints. SAINTS. all of them! So, so nice, thoughtful, helpful, and most of all hilarious! I couldn't possibly ask for a more amazing set of in-laws than Alan's parents! Okay okay enough of the brown nosing and on to the story, just had to put that out there.)
Getting home to an empty house that was in desperate need of fresh paint and a place to sit was fun. Our first night at home we couldn't even shower because we didn't have towels yet! I won't even mention how funny it was trying to eat dinner when there is no silverware and furniture present. Give us three days and we "extreme-makeover-home-editioned" the place to become our less (but still very) humble abode!
Our paint!
My hutch intimidates me. we are still getting acquainted but its gorgeous and I love it
My uniform from Alan: to be worn M-Sat 7:30am-9:00pm and on call for the occasional midnight sandwich.
My kitchen aid/ new best friend. Alan creeping it.
The dream team. Alan's brother Mark and our dear friend Andrew helped us get our house together in a record speed. I owe these gentlemen a few quality home cooked dinners to say the least.
Having time off from school to just work and keep house is such a blast. I may or may not be getting a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens soon...
What I have learned this week: it takes a lot of effort to make a home. It takes even more to make it a good home. But that effort pays off: getting to live with my best friend is the most amazing blessing ever.
I also learned that I am terribly unrealistically afraid of spiders. Luckily Alan the conqueror always comes to my rescue and kills them for me. Just to be safe, we bought about 5 gallons of spider spray and covered our house in it. I realize that some day he will not always be there and I will have to face my fears, but we are just going to put off that day as much as possible.
--Bri
i LOVE you. SO much.
ReplyDelete