Well I couldn't put this post off any longer. After keeping it a secret for over four months, being able to talk about my pregnancy is the most wonderful feeling in the world, second to being pregnant of course.
So a few months ago Alan and I got a little surprise and found out I was pregnant. Alan was instantly thrilled, and I was terrified. I thought something was wrong with me, why wasn't I ecstatic the second I found out? If there is anyone out there that is going through this, please know: you are not alone! It is a huge amount of news to receive and you are allowed to process it in your own way and time. Once the initial shock wore off, I realized that this little babe is going to be the greatest gift we have ever been given.
The first trimester for me was great-- no morning sickness, no crazy food cravings, just a never ending amount of fatigue! I needed to take a nap every day and you bet I did. What better excuse do I have to cuddle up with my husband while he reads than to be nurturing a baby? Yes I totally exploited it. Because my health so great, I was able to continue running like I had been before I found out I was pregnant, and until recently has been something I truly enjoyed.
Not. Anymore.
Second trimester, running is no longer a realistic option. I have to go to the bathroom about every five minutes and the trails out here don't have any restrooms or discreet places to go, so as much as I miss my runs, they are going to have to wait until this little guy comes out! Yoga and Zumba are still comfortable for me fortunately, and with Lady begging for her long walk every morning I am staying as active as pregnantly possible.
One thing I have noticed lately: my heart rate. It's so much higher now than it was first trimester/pre-pregnancy, and with extra weight on and pumping blood for two, there's no mystery as to why. But my goodness do I feel like a kid from HeavyWeights who has never worked out before. Little things like bringing in the groceries and cleaning the house leave me feeling just as worn out as a workout does. And that's only to get worse!
I am over half-way through now though. Our little guy is the size of a spaghetti squash, and the most active little guy ever! He's moving around all the day long and starting to get stronger every day. Pretty soon these kicks are going to have a punch to them! Pun intended.



Bri, I felt the same way in the beginning and I'm still nervous, I get nervous because I know how sleep deprived I'm going to be. So exciting you guys are having a boy! Boys are the best!
ReplyDelete